The Jacobs Law is a Boston Business Law & Litigation law firm.
* Class Action Defense: successfully mediated and defended a business-client against a class action lawsuit involving Massachusetts Wage Act claims, where potential damages were more than $10,000,000.00,
* Shareholder/Investment Dispute: prevailed in arbitration against a Delaware franchise corporation on behalf of a client with investment fraud and securities violations claims,
* Trademark Infringement: obtained a temporary restraining order prohibiting a business and its owner and employees from using our business-client’s company name, brand name and associated logos, graphics and other trademarks in any manner including for promoting its services,
* False Advertising by a Competitor: pursued and ultimately settled claims made by our business-client against a large specialty food importer for violations of the Federal Lanham Act, false advertising, defamation and unfair and deceptive business practices. The case involved discovery and depositions in multiple U.S. states, as well as Canada and New Zealand,
* Non-Compete/Non-Solicitation: successfully defended our client against claims for breach of contract and a preliminary motion seeking to enforce non-compete and non-solicitation provisions contained in an alleged employment agreement. Ultimately, after litigating the case, we obtained a favorable settlement on counterclaims we filed against the plaintiff on our client’s behalf.
Business Litigation: How We Serve Our Clients
Business Litigation: Who We Serve
We represent business entities, sole-proprietors, members of LLCs, partners, shareholders and entrepreneurs in business-related disputes and lawsuits. We litigate matters involving claims for fraud; breach of contract; breach of fiduciary duty; false and deceptive advertising; wage, overtime and misclassification claims; consumer claims; and other commercial issues.
The Business Litigation Lawyers at The Jacobs Law advise and represent clients from the inception of a dispute, to alternative dispute resolution (mediation / arbitration / negotiation), where possible, and through litigation.
Disputes between businesses or internally between owners, members, partners or shareholders can, and often do, result in civil litigation. Lawsuits involving your business threaten not only the business itself, but your livelihood, the livelihood of other owners, and the employees of the business.
Claims involving fraud, consumer claims or the payment of wages or overtime can also impose personal liability on the business owners and managers. When these types of lawsuits take on class action status, the potential consequences to the business, and your personal wealth, can be devastating and permanent.
At The Jacobs Law LLC, our Business Litigation Lawyers understand, and will explain to you, the consequences of personal liability and advise you and your business as to risk mitigation options.
If you are involved in business litigation, don’t entrust your case and your livelihood to just any civil litigation lawyer – you wouldnt let a dentist do surgery on your brain, right? Contact a Business Litigation Lawyer at The Jacobs Law LLC today.
THE JACOBS LAW | Your Attorneys for Business Law & Business Litigation